Model Year: 1969
Assembly Plant: Metuchen,NJ
Body Serial Code: Sportsroof
Engine Code: 302CID - 2V
Consecutive Unit #: 195286
Body Style: SportsRoof - standard-trim bucket seats
Build Date: April 29, 1969
Exterior Color: Groovy Green (Custom Color)
Interior Trim: Black (Low-back seats)
District Sales Office: Philadelphia, Special Order 2788
Axle Ratio: 3.00:1 "conventional"
Transmission: C4 automatic
11 25D 63A 2A
LP AC CL PS
From Ford CAC and Marti Auto Works:|
DOOR DATA PLATE INFORMATION
Serial Number: 9T02F195286
T Built in Metuchen
02 Mustang Sportsroof
95,286th Ford vehicle scheduled for production at Metuchen
63A Mustang Sportsroof
Special Paint, Ford # unknown
2A Black Kiwiw Vinyl Standard Bucket Seats
29D Scheduled For Build: April 29, 1969
162788 Philadelphia Ordering District Under Special Order #2788
6 3.00 standard axle ratio
W C-4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission
This vehicle was ordered with the following options:
- Sports Appearance Group with Tape Stripe
- C-4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission
- Visibility Group
- E78X14 Tires
- White Sidewall Tires
- Power Steering
- Air Conditioner - Selectaire
- AM/FM Stereo Radio
- Wheel Covers
This vehicle was produced on April 28, 1969 -- one day ahead of schedule.
The following is the important dates as I know them:
The first owner is not known at this time. If this was your car please e-mail me.
- Friday April 25,1969: The car was bucked at the Ford Metuchen, NJ plant.
- Monday April 28,1969: The car was completed at the Ford Metuchen, NJ plant.
- Friday June 20,1969: The car was purchased from Koelle Greenwood Co, 161 West Chelton, Philadelphia, PA.
- Mid-70's - 1993: Owned by Robert Duffy of Yeadon, PA. Robert was the second owner of the car. While still under Robert's ownership the body deteriorated
to the point of needing repair. The rear quarters, doors and tail panel were stuffed with bondo and the car was primed with red oxide primer. The car
was then involved in an accident. An old lady hit the front left corner crushing in the bumper, headlight housing and fender. The car was stored in Bob's mother's
- 1993-1996/97: The car was sold to William Miller, who's father was a long time friend of Robert Duffy. Bill replaced the fender, bumper and headlight housing. He then primed
it red oxide to match the rest of the car.
- 1996/97: Bill sold the car to Anthony (Tony) D. Salvatore of Eddystone, PA. At the time of the sale the car was running well and had the original low mile 302 engine in it
with working AC. It was reported by Bill that Tony had a friend change the engine. Bill also reported that Tony also painted/primed the car black.
- About 2000. Tony traded the car to Ritt Jones Auto Parts, RR#8 Box 146A, Oak Grove Rd, Swedesboro, NJ for a 1980 Malibu wagon.
- Sunday April 14,2002: Edward Broomal of Clarksboro, NJ purchased the car from Ritt Jones Auto Parts.
- Friday August 29,2003: I (Chris Many of Highgate Falls Vermont) purchased the car from Edward Broomall, Clarksboro, NJ.
The following pictures were sent to me by Bill Miller (roughly 1993). They were taken either when he first took ownership or just before. In the pictures you can see the accident damage.
You can also see where hood locks, aftermarket sports mirrors and dual exhaust was installed. There is obvious filler work on the tail panel. If you look closely you can see were a previous
repair was uncovered by the accident damage.|